This module outlines the basic tenets of humanism. It will demonstrate the close connection between humanism and person centred care and its implications for the understanding of others.
Key areas covered
- A history of humanism
- Theories of humanism
- Key definitions of humanism
- How the key attribute of story-telling is implicit within humanism
- Evaluation of humanism
Successful completion of the module will lead to:
- An understanding of the role of humanism development in the evolution of the discipline of professions and practice
- The importance of humanistic theories (theories of humanism) in the delivery of outcomes for people, professionals and organisations.
- An understanding of the concept of humanism
- A knowledge base that exercises levels of humanistic care within professional practice
- Applying principles in planning, designing, implementing and evaluating humanistic care